SANTA MONICA CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY
Were you arrested in Santa Monica, CA? If so, there are some very important things you need to know. First, do not, under any circumstances speak to the police. Second, you need a good lawyer. Hiring a competent Santa Monica criminal defense lawyer is the most important thing you can do to ensure a good outcome. The lawyers at The Cross Law Firm know the Santa Monica area very well. We successfully defend hundreds of clients on the Westside of Los Angeles each and every year.
SANTA MONICA CRIMINAL LAWYERS
We handle all criminal matters; DUI’s, Drug Cases, both State and Federal, Theft Cases including fraud, embezzlement, all White Collar Crimes, Domestic Violence Matters, Sex Crimes, Violent Crimes including Homicide cases and any other type of criminal case. We also handle all post conviction matters including probation violations writs and appeals. Many clients also come to us after someone threatens to contact law enforcement about them and hire us to do a pre-file investigation or negotiation. Examples of these situations include a boss accusing someone of stealing or someone threatening to call the police in a child molestation type situation. In these situations, our first goal is to slow down the process and eventually stop a criminal filing from ever taking place. We are available right now to discuss your case, free of charge. Call us at (818) 497-6897 for a free case evaluation. We are available any time of the day or night, 7 days a week.
I NEED A SANTA MONICA CRIMINAL ATTORNEY, WHY SHOULD I HIRE THE CROSS LAW FIRM?
Successfully defending a criminal case is like a complex game of chess. A good lawyer has a solid grasp on a lot of variables, some of which are skill driven, many of which are relationship-based. We have been practicing in this area for many years and know what it takes to win. If you trust us with your case, we will do the following;
- FULLY EVALUATE YOUR CASE in a round table discussion, developing a sound PLAN OF ATTACK,
- If warranted, we will MEET WITH THE PROSECUTING AGENCY early on to PRESENT YOU IN A FAVORABLE LIGHT, discuss a possible dismissal of the case or a reduction in charges filed,
- DEVELOP A PRELIMINARY THEORY OF DEFENSE, this will drive all decisions in how we are to investigate going forward,
- Find out all the facts there are to know relating to the case, often this involves the use of a PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR who will chase down all witnesses and/or physical evidence available,
- OBTAIN ALL RELEVANT DISCOVERY, this often involves litigation with the prosecution, we will subpoena all materials without getting them through discovery when possible,
- FULLY LITIGATE THE CASE THROUGH MOTION WORK, this is often a very important step, maybe there is some illegally obtained evidence, maybe were dealing with shady cops who have dirt on them, maybe there is a right to a dismissal because of some deficiency in the charging documents, etc…,
- MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT TO SETTLE YOURMATTER, in a way that protects all of your rights and has the least impact on you both in the short term and in the long term, this often means avoiding any custody time, avoiding or limiting fines and fees, and keeping your record clean so the conviction doesnt show up on a background check,
- TAKE THE CASE TO TRIAL. If necessary, we will try your case. Over the years, we have had absolutely stellar results at trial. Those results speak for themselves.
If you would like to speak to us about your case, do not hesitate to call us at (818) 497-6897. We are standing by and can answer any questions you have.
SANTA MONICA CRIMINAL PROCESS
All felony and misdemeanor arrests coming out of the city of Santa Monica are handled at the Los Angeles Superior Court- AIRPORT BRANCH. For more information about The Airport Court including maps, directions, courtrooms, judges, phone numbers parking and more, CLICK HERE.
All felony matters at The Airport Court are handled by the Los Angeles County District Attorney- Airport Branch. These cases are arrainged in a few different courtrooms.
Misdemeanor matters are handled by a few different prosecuting agencies depending on the location of arrest.
SANTA MONICA ARRESTS are handled by the Santa Monica City Attorney, these matters are arraigned out of Department 147 on the 9th floor.
ARRESTS IN THE LA CITY LIMITS- (which are usually LAPD arrests) are handled by the Los Angeles City Attorney out of Department 140 on the 3rd Floor.
ALL OTHER ARRESTS- which are made in El Segundo, Culver City, Marina Del Rey and all other “westside” cities which are not incorporated into the City of Los Angeles are prosecuted by the Los Angeles County District Attorney and are arrainged out of Department 141 on the 3rd Floor.
For a full evaluation of your specific case, please call us NOW at (818) 497-6897. We will be happy to go over every detail with you to determine what your next steps should be.